Saturday December 03, 2016
Thanks to Lil Trooper I have a new Asus RT-AC66U router. The Network Map shows all of the attached devices but sadly is lacking an icon for the Nest thermostat. Luckily it wasn't too hard to create one. You could use any images but this one matches the Asus default icon colors. Adding it here in case anybody else needs it.
This is the first time in like 10 years I have used an ordered list on a web page for making an ordered list.
- Right mouse click it and "Save Image As..." to your desktop.
- Open your Asus router admin page in a browser. It is usually located at "http://192.168.1.1".
- Click the "Network Map" button.
- Click the circle in the "Clients" section.
- Locate your Nest thermostat in the "Client status" section on the right and click its icon.
- Click "Change" under the icon in the modal window.
- Click the "+" icon.
- Select your Nest thermostat icon on your desktop and click "Open".
- Click "Apply" in the bottom of the modal.
Thursday December 01, 2016
Wow! December already. Time to scramble to get all of my goals completed before the end of the quarter.